Sunday, September 23, 2007

cartoon network on audio

I was put on the trail of the Sonic Society podcast by the Writing Show on audio plays. The audio clippings featured on that show, give a good indication on what the Sonic Society offers in its podcast. I have listened to the first episode of the new show and can report a presentation in style with the audio drama offered.

The drama is called Deck Gibson and the Stardust Dancers and is a science-fiction comedy show. As far as science fiction comedies go, my standards are set by BBC's Red Dwarf. If Deck Gibson should be compared with anything Red Dwarf it is the adventures of Ace Rimmer. Deck Gibson is a 'what a guy' kind of guy, with less tongue in cheek.

What it boils down to, is that the Sonic Society is like listening to a cartoon and technically that is pulled of very professionally. Being spoilt by the anarchy, self-mock and chaos of Red Dwarf, this podcast strikes me a slightly childish, but I shall listen to a couple more to see if I can develop a taste. The technical quality of the work certainly warrants it.

No comments: