Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Philosophy Bites

I should have tried this podcast ages ago: Philosophy Bites. David Edmonds and Nigel Warburton talk a wide array of philosophical subjects and interview philosophers on their specialized terrains. A huge backlog can be scoured. Weekly podcasts lasting a precious 12-20 minutes.

I have tried one on Thought Experiments (audio) - which asks exactly the question I want to shoot: what are they good for. Fine, your thought experiment shows something, but it is artificial!

Another I have tried was an interview with Peter Adamson on Avicenna. I was drawn to this because In Our Time recently spoke about Avicenna, which was both fascinating and a bit eluding. Philosophy bites set some of the confusions straight.

Very pleasant, very entertaining, very thought provoking.

No comments: