Here is a schedule of what you can expect this week on Anne is a Man!
- A counter-narrative about Europe and Islam. Professor David Levering Lewis on UChannel Podcast. The separation and enmity between the worlds of the European West and the world of Islam has hurt both sides more than done good. Whereas the peaceful cohabitation in Spain before the reconquista was profoundly beneficial.
- VPRO's Marathon Interview. Ger Jochems speaks for five hours with G.B.J. Hiltermann the proverbial conservative commentator on geopolitics in the Dutch media during the Cold War. Hiltermann surprises, with among others remarks of admiration for the Soviet system. (Dutch)
- The Islamic Republic of Iran after 30 years, Professor Fred Halliday argues the strength and resilience of the ayatollah revolution on an event at the London School of Economics - LSE Events podcast.
- Anton Kröller the Dutch industrialist who made a fortune of the Great War and the Dutch neutrality and whose wife, Helene Kröller-Müller, got to spend the millions on modern art. Veertien Achttien podcast (Dutch)
- The real war in Gaza; Asher Susser on the UCLA Israel Studies Program. Again, the real war in Gaza was the war between the moderates and the fundamentalists. A slightly more successful attempt at construing events this way than the previous issue at UCLA, by Jacob Dayan.
- The fox and the hedgehog. An exceptional issue within the series From Israelite to Jew, where an approach to Talmud is suggested and a very profound line of thinking in many more fields of experience and thought comes out.
- How the fingers fork, your family lives history and Marlbourough cunningly keeps the alliance together in the latest issue of Historyzine. Also: a review of BBC's In Our Time
- Speaking of which: BBC's In Our Time has touched upon the Jaipur Observatory and upon the poem The Wasteland and there will be a new episode by Thursday. There is at least one review needed.
By Friday, I will hopefully be able to give a projected schedule for the weekend, or otherwise on Monday for next week.
Subscribe in a reader
Paste the link
into the RSS reader of your preference. (What is RSS? - Help on getting subscription)
I love to get new podcast recommendations. You can let your preferences know by commenting on the blog or sending mail to Anne is a Man at: Anne Frid de Vries (in one word) AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
Connect with Anne is a Man on:
The Podcast Parlor.