Monday, February 8, 2010

Where is the new look going?

In order to cramp down on the overhead my non-standard blogging template entails, I want to change to a standard Blogger template and therefore, the look of this blog will change. I would love to find what you think on the potential looks.

I have set up three sample blogs. Two of them have stretching templates, which means they adapt their width to your window. One has the sidebar to the left, the other to the right. A third blog will show a fixed width; not the standard 700-800 pixels, but rather I tweaked it to around 1000.

Blog 1: Stretched with sidebar to the left


Blog 2: Stretched with sidebar to the right


Blog 3: Fixed width with sidebar to the right



Let me know your preference.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I prefer option 3, then option 1, and lastly option 2.

Make sure you give yourself some votes on this too, as you will be the one who sees it the most!

As always a wonderful site, regardless of blog design used.
Semper Pax, John

Anne the Man said...

Thanks John,
you are the second today to vote for 3. In addition I got input that a left sidebar is to be preferred. What is your opinion on that?
Shalom,
Anne

Unknown said...

I like number three as well. I do not care where the sidebar is. I do care that the reviews keep coming! Thanks for the hard work and sharing with us.

Sean said...

Yeah 3 is good. I myself would like the side bar on the left. I agree with Autonomous, your vote is more important. Anyway thank you, your site has massively broadened my horizons. Your a new breed of blogger.

Anne the Man said...

Thanks for the feedback. I'll come up with a version similar to 3 but with the sidebar to the left. I'll also ask your opinion on the background pic for the header. You have seen the swimming pool, the desert rock and the iPod, but there is more and which do you like best? Stay tuned.