Friday, May 14, 2010

Pink Floyd - Entitled Opinions

Previously on Entitled Opinions there was a fantastic show about Jimi Hendrix. It was only too bad that I knew Hendrix only from legend, I just a tiny bit too young to have experienced him. How different is this for the last show, where Robert Harrison and his brother Thomas Harrison will talk Pink Floyd. I collected many Pink Floyd albums, I analyzed the lyrics, I lived the music, I loved them. Admitted, this is the Pink Floyd of Roger Waters. Just as I missed out on Hendrix, I missed out on Syd Barrett, but hey, there was quite some Floyd after him. So, now, let's listen.

Entitled Opinions (about Life and Literature) on Huffduffer

It is amazing. Robert and Thomas say exactly the things I feel about Pink Floyd, they pick out exactly those features, those songs and those lyrics that have struck me. Now I have to go find those albums, because apart from 'Hey You' I have none of that digital...

By the way, I have not hijacked the podcast and placed it in my blog. I use an embedding solution offered by Huffduffer, which directly points at the podcast's servers.

More Entitled Opinions:
Alexander the Great,
Athanasius Kircher (Giordano Bruno),
King Lear,
Albert Camus,
Unabomber world views.

2 comments:

Jelle van Aanholt said...

Thanks! This is great stuff, didn't know they actually did music-related topics.

I've been looking for a good podcast on rock and/or pop history for a long time.. too bad they only did two music shows. Any suggestions?

Anne the Man said...

Music shows are not exactly my forte, but you should certainly give look at Lyrics Undercover. If you search for this podcast on iTunes, you will also be presented with a handful of other podcasts that listeners to Lyrics Undercover also listen to. There should be some good ones among those.

My own review of Lyrics Undercover is at: http://anneisaman.blogspot.com/2009/04/lyrics-undercover-podcast-review.html