Sunday, July 19, 2009

Brieftour-Pod podcast review

On Friday morning, I did exactly the right thing to optimize the experience of listening to the German podcast Brieftour-Pod (feed). I took a walk. Since the podcast is recorded with a 'Kunstkopf' microphone (dummy head recording), which basically means the podcaster (Michael Eggers) is wearing a stereophone microphone on his head and this records sounds exactly the way he experiences it.

Michael Eggers works as a mailman and makes his podcast while he is doing his rounds. Consequently, while I walked the streets in my Mediterranean home town, I was delivered the experience of Michael's Brieftour in the streets of Neumuenster, which is a small town north of Hamburg. It was like making two walks at the same time with undergoing street sounds of my town and his at the same time.

And while he does his round and makes us take in the surrounding soundscape, he talks about various subjects that come up. As to the content, this makes the podcast a personal audioblog. For example, the listener is made partner in the loss of Michael's mother. Also, he relates to the audience the recipes of his cakes and such. Somehow, the Kunstkopf aspect of the podcast gives the whole result a very fresh and impromptu quality.

More German podcasts:
Ersatz TV,
Volkis Stimme,
Skythenpodcast,
Geschichtspodcast,
Schlaflos in Muenchen,
And more.

2 comments:

Meikel said...

Thanks my dear friend for that kind review of my podcast. Makes me proud indeed and it's astonishing to me where in the world the loud traffic noise pollution in my binaural recordings is being heard ;-)

Best regards and keep listening -

Meikel

Anne the Man said...

It is my pleasure Michael,
I enjoyed listening and will continue to do so,

Anne